Instant pot healthy lentil soup recipe. Very easy, healthy and delicious vegan soup cooked in an electric instant pot.
You may also like The Best Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
Instant Pot Healthy Lentil Soup Recipe
Use 6-quart electric instant pot to prepare this soup. Also, use green or brown lentils.
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1½ cups green or brown lentils
- 28 oz (840 ml) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups (1 l) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Heat the olive in a 6-quart (6 L) electric instant pot turned to the sauté mode.
Add diced fennel and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, except grated garlic.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Stir in grated garlic. Allow to stay for 5 minutes before serving.
Ladle soup into soup bowls. Sprinkle each bowl with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy!