Instant pot paleo beef chili recipe. Ground beef with vegetables and spices cooked in an electric instant pot. Easy and healthy.
You may also like Keto Lemon-Garlic Chicken, another healthy recipe cooked in an instant pot.
Instant Pot Paleo Beef Chili Recipe
Please note, this is chunky beef chili. If you prefer it thinner, add more water or beef broth.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef broth
- 2½ pounds (1.44 kg) lean ground beef
- ½ large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 (15 oz (450 ml) each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 oz (180 ml) can tomato paste
- 4 oz (120 ml) green chlies, undrained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Heat the olive oil in an electric pressure cooker turned to the sauté mode. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Stir in minced garlic and continue cooking and stirring, for a further 1 minute.
Add ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking apart with a spatula, until browned (for about 8-10 minutes).
Stir in the remaining ingredients, except bay leaf. Top with bay leaf.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 35 minutes.
Using the natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Discard bay leaf. Stir chili well before serving.