Crock pot vegan tikka masala recipe. Tofu with vegetables and spices cooked in a slow cooker. Healthy and tasty vegan-friendly, low-carb and gluten-free recipe.
This recipe adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/vegan-slow-cooker-tikka-masala/ You may also like Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
Crock Pot Vegan Tikka Masala Recipe
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12½ oz (370 g) extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine tomato paste, coconut yogurt, and spices.
Mix well, then stir in cubed tofu.
Close the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 5 hours.
Open the crock pot. Stir in chopped cauliflower and thawed peas. Close the lid and cook for a further 1 hour.
Turn of the cooker and open the lid. Stir tofu mixture well before serving.
Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves. Serve hot.