Broiled garlic shrimp with white beans. Super easy and very delicious seafood recipe-shrimp with white beans, and vegetables.
Seafood is very important part of Mediterranean cuisine. Mediterranean cuisine includes very healthy ingredients, such as olives (olive oil) , cheese, seafood, fruits, and vegetables. Are you looking for more delicious and easy seafood recipes? We have a huge collection of them, just check it out – Seafood Recipes
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, minced and divided
- 2 dried chilies
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) chopped tomatoes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper ,to taste
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) tomato paste
- pearl onions, peeled
- 2 15 oz (450 ml) each) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-sodium, reduced-fat chicken broth
- 1 pound (480 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preheat a broiler. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add one garlic clove, chilies, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, for about 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, then season with salt and black pepper. Continue cooking, smashing tomatoes wit wooden spoon, until tomatoes is broken down, for about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, util paste is caramelized, for about 4 minutes. Stir in drained white beans and chicken broth. Reduce heat to low and simmer until juices slightly reduced and thickened, for about 3-4 minutes, then season with more salt and black pepper. Stir well.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining garlic, olive oil, shrimp, and paprika. Stir well and season with salt and black pepper. Toss well.
Arrange shrimp mixture in a one layer over beans. Broil in the preheated broiler until shrimp is golden brown, for about 3 minutes, then drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add pearl onions, then sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve hot.