This delicious chicken recipe adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/slow-cooker-spanish-chicken-stew/
You may also like Instant Pot Easy Pumpkin Chili Recipe
Crock Pot Spanish Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 pound baby potatoes, peeled and cut into halves
- 8 small boneless and skinless chick thighs
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 10 oz (330 ml) jar roasted red pepper, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and diced
- 19 oz (570 ml) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- pinch of saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
In a 6-quart (6 l) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except vinegar and drained peas. Stir well.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Open the lid and stir in balsamic vinegar and thawed peas, recover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Stir cooked chicken stew well before serving.