Slow-cooked ratatouille soup recipe. A very popular, healthy, and tasty vegetarian soup cooked in a slow cooker.
Looking for more easy and more tasty vegetarian recipes? Try to prepare Vegetarian Borlotti Soup, another easy vegetarian soup cooked in a slow cooker. Also, we have a huge collection of slow cooker recipes, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (500 ml) peeled eggplants, cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) hot-style vegetable juice
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic, undrained
- 14 oz (420 ml) can vegetable broth
In 4-quart (4 L) slow cooker, combine onion, eggplants, zucchini, and bell peppers. Mix well.
Pour vegetable juice, undrained tomatoes, and vegetable broth over vegetables.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Stir the soup well before serving.
Ladle into large soup bowls. Serve hot.