You may also like Instant Pot Vegan Creamed Beets
Instant Pot Quinoa with Tofu and Broccoli Recipe
- 7 oz (210 g) extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) non-dairy yogurt
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) ginger paste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (If you need a substitute for fenugreek leaves, you can use mustard greens)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To Make Quinoa:
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and diced
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1½ cups (375 ml) uncooked quinoa
- 2¹⁄³ cups (630 ml) water
- 2 green cardamon pods, crushed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- chopped cashews, for garnish
In a large mixing bowl, combine yogurt, ginger paste, garlic, chopped cilantro and mint, lime juice, garam masala, fenugreek, chili powder, paprika, cinnamon, and salt.
Mix until well combined. Add cubed tofu and stir to coat with marinade. Wrap with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in an electric instant pot turned to the sauté mode. Add onions and fry, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and caramelized, for about 7-10 minutes.
Remove cooked from the pot and transfer to a medium plate. Set aside.
Add marinated tofu and broccoli florets. Sauté, stirring constantly, for a further 5 minutes. Turn off the sauté mode.
Add remaining ingredients to the cooker. Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 1 minute.
Using the Natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Stir well before serving. Serve with chopped cashews.