Slow cooker beef chicken taco salad recipe. Chicken breasts with beer and spices cooked in a slow cooker and served with yummy homemade Cilantro Vinaigrette. This delicious recipe adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/slow-cooker-beer-chicken-taco-salad-with-cilantro-vinaigrette/
You may also like Instant Pot Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Taco Salad Recipe
- To Make Chicken in Slow Cooker:
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 6 oz (180 ml) light beer
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4¾ oz (140 ml) can green chiles, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the Cilantro Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons clear honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To Make Taco Salad:
- 4 cups Romain lettuce
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 ml) corn, drained
- 1-2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- sliced jalapeños
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- salsa (optional)
In 2½-quart (2½ L) slow cooker, combine chicken breasts, beer, chili powder, green chiles, salt, and black pepper.
Mix well to combine.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Using tongs, transfer cooked chicken to a cutting board. Shred with two forks and place in a large bowl. Pour the cooking liquid over. Toss well and set aside.
To make the Cilantro Vinaigrette:
In a blender, combine all vinaigrette ingredients. Blend until smooth.
For Taco Salad.
In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, shredded chicken, and prepared cilantro vinaigrette. Toss well.
Serve with nachos, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa. Enjoy!