You may also like Instant Pot Keto Stuffed Cabbage
Instant Pot Keto Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 1½ pounds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sweetener
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- For Thickening Slurry:
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) water
- For Toppings:
- sesame seeds
- chopped green onions
In a 6-quart (6 l) electric pressure cooker, combine chicken, chicken broth and all teriyaki sauce ingredients. Stir well.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Using the Natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Using tongs, remove cooked chicken and transfer to a large plate. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce, xanthan gum, and water. Stir well to form a thick paste.
Switch the instant pot to the sauté function. Add thickener to the cooker. Continue cooking and stirring, until the mixture combined and sauce is thickened.
Turn off the instant pot. Return cooked chicken to the pot and mix well to combine.
Serve with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.