Orange mint julep. Bourbon based alcoholic mixed drink. Adapted from http://www.imbored-letsgo.com
Makes 1 drink
2 oz (60 ml) Bourbon
1 oz (30 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
1 oz (30 ml) mint-orange simple syrup (see recipe below)
For Mint-Orange Simple Syrup:
1/2 cup Turbinado sugar
1/2 cup (125 ml) water
handful of fresh mint leaves
zest from 1 orange
For the Mint-Orange Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan,combine all ingredients.
- Mix well and bring to a boil over medium high,stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from the heat.
- Set aside and let cool completely
- In a shaker filled with ice,combine Simple Syrup and remaining cocktail ingredients.
- Shake well.
- Strain into rock glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.