This delicious recipe adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/slow-cooker-beer-chicken-taco-salad-with-cilantro-vinaigrette/
You may also like Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
Slow Cooker Baked Chicken in Beer Recipe
- For Chicken in Beer:
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) light beer
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4¾oz (135 ml) can of green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For Cilantro Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For Taco Salad:
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 sliced jalapeño
In a small slow cooker (2½ quart (2½ L)), combine all chicken ingredients. Mi well.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Using tongs, transfer cooked chicken to a boil. Shred it with two forks. Pour cooking liquid over and toss well. Set aside.
To Make Cilantro Vinaigrette:
In a blender, combine all vinaigrette ingredients. Blend until smooth.
To Make Taco Salad:
In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, all salad ingredients, and cilantro vinaigrette. Toss well.
Serve with nachos, salsa, or sour cream. Enjoy!