Slow cooker pasta with eggplant sauce recipe. Cooked penne pasta served with tasty homemade eggplant sauce. In this recipe, eggplant chunks cook in traditional spaghetti sauce.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 28 oz (840 ml) can Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 6 oz (180 ml) can Italian-style tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1½ teaspoons (8 ml) dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) snipped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups (1 L) hot cooked penne pasta
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) shredded Parmesan cheese
In a 4-quart (4 L) slow cooker, combine cubed eggplant, onion, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, wine, water, and crushed oregano. Mix well.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours. Turn off the slow cooker. Stir in snipped fresh parsley, then season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir well.
Serve over cooked pasta, then sprinkle with shredded Parmesan.