Slow cooker mushroom Stroganoff recipe. A meatless version of famous Stroganoff cooked in a Slow Cooker Candied Carrots
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 pound (480 g) mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) sour cream
- bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- cooked pasta
In a large pan, melt unsalted butter over medium heat.
Add sliced mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes, or until they are softened.
Remove softened mushrooms and onions from the pan and transfer to a slow cooker. Add vegetable stock, paprika, and sliced garlic. Stir well.
Cover the pot and cook on high-heat setting for 4 hours. Open the pot and stir in sour cream and chopped parsley.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Stir the mushroom mixture well. Serve over cooked pasta.