Crock pot black bean and sweet potato stew recipe. Very easy, healthy and yummy vegetarian stew cooked in a slow cooker.
This mouthwatering vegan recipe adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/slow-cooker-black-bean-quinoa-sweet-potato-stew/ Are you looking for more slow cooker recipes for dinner, breakfast, or party? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
You may also like Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
Crock Pot Black Bean and Sweet Potato Stew Recipe
- 4 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 11 oz (330 ml) cam kernel corn, undrained
- 19 oz (570 ml) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 19 oz (570 ml) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup diced red onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- more salt, to taste
In a 5-quart (5 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except lime juice and additional salt.
Cover the cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6 hours.
Turn off the pot and open the lid. Stir in the lime juice. Season to taste with more salt.
Pour the stew into soup bowls. Serve hot.