Fried onion rings appetizer recipe. I used the Sweet Vidalia onion to make appetizers. Sweet Vidalia onion rings are deep-fried to a crispy golden brown, then served with tasty homemade lime dipping sauce. An excellent choice for vegetarians!
Do you have a party and looking form more easy and elegant appetizers? Try to prepare for guests Easy Chocolate Popcorn
- 1 large Vidalia onion, peeled and cut into rings
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup (250 ml) buttermilk
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- For Lime Dipping Sauce:
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) honey
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) prepared horseradish
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cayenne pepper. Stir well.
In a small mixing bowl, combine beaten egg and buttermilk. Mix until smooth. Stir the egg mixture to the dry ingredients just until moistened.
Haet 1 inch (2.5 cm) of vegetable oil in a deep-fat fryer. Dip onion rings into batter. fry in the hot oil for 1-1½ minutes on each side or until golden brown. Turn off the deep fryer. Remove fried onion rings from the fryer and drain on paper towels.
To Make Lime Dipping Sauce:
In a small mixing bowl, combine all dipping sauce ingredients. Mix well. serve with fried onion rings.