Instant pot general Tso chicken recipe. Very easy and healthy low-carb (4 g) keto diet chicken recipe cooked in an electric instant pot.
I used boneless and skinless chicken thighs to make this yummy recipe.
You may also like Instant Pot Spicy Chicken Stew
Instant Pot Keto General Tso Chicken Recipe
- For the Sauce:
- 5 tablespoons (75 ml) tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar-free ketchup
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Swerve granular sweetener
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- To Make Chicken:
- 1½ pounds (720 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2cup (125 ml) almond flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) xanthan gum
- chopped green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Whisk well and set aside.
Season cubed chicken with salt and black pepper.
Place almond flour in a small shallow dish. Place egg whites in the other.
Dredge each seasoned chicken pieces in the egg and then in the flour to coat.
Heat the coconut oil in an electric instant pot turned to the sauté mode. Working in batches, sauté cubed chicken until golden brown on all sides.
Pour in chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot, by scrapping out all browning bits with wooden spoon.
Pour the sauce over chicken in the cooker. Close the pressure cooker and lock the lid.
Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 4 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Stir in xanthan gum to thicken the sauce. Sprinkle with chopped green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve hot.