Instant pot keto pulled pork recipe. Very easy and tasty paleo and keto low-carb (3 g) BBQ pulled pork cooked in an instant pot.
You may also like Keto Crack Chicken
Instant Pot Keto Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons (12 ml) dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.2 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1.2 teaspoon (3 ml) kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) xylitol
- 2 pounds (960 g) pork shoulder, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 large orange, halved
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) arrowroot powder
In a small mixing bowl, combine white wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, garlic, black pepper, cumin, chipotle, and water. Mix until the mixture has fully dissolved. Season with salt and sweetener, to taste. Set aside.
Pat the pork dry with paper towels., then season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 6-quart electric instant pot turned to the saut mode. Working in batches, brown seasoned meat for 3-5 minutes on each side.
Add the BBQ sauce, mix well, then squeeze orange juice and toss well to combine.
Close the pot and lock the lid.
Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 30 minutes.
Using the natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Remove cooked meat and sieve the liquid into a large saucepan. Using two forks, shred the meat and set aside.
To Make the BBQ Glaze:
Heat the sauce over medium heat until it just begin to simmer.
In a small mixing bowl, combine arrowroot and 2 tablespoons water. Mix until arrowroot has dissolved. Whisk the slurry into the sauce and continue simmering and whisking constantly, until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
Stir in shredded meat. Serve hot.