Instant pot keto pumpkin soup recipe. Vegan-friendly pumpkin soup cooked in electric instant pot. This delicious soup has so many benefits: keto diet, low-carb, vegan, gluten-free. Also, made from pumpkin purée, it’s the best choice for Halloween.
You may also like Keto General Tso Chicken
Instant Pot Keto Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 15 oz (450 ml) can pumpkin purée
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) ground turmeric
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- pumpkin seeds, for garnish
Heat avocado oil in an electric instant pot turned to the sauté function.
Add chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly soft. Stir in ginger and garlic. Continue cooking and stirring, for a further 30 seconds. Add pumpkin purée, ground nutmeg, turmeric, and seasoning. Mix well and cook until warm.
Cancel the sauté function. Pour in vegetable broth and deglaze the bottom of the pot, making sure pumpkin doesn't stuck to the bottom.
Close the cooker and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Using the natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid. Stir well.
Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until slightly thick and creamy. Pout in the coconut milk and stir well.
Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with pumpkin seeds. Serve hot.