Pressure cooker healthy lentils recipe. Lentils with vegetables and spices cooked in an electric instant pot. An excellent vegetarian recipe. This recipe adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/moroccan-instant-pot-lentils/
You may also like Pressure Cooker Manchow Noodles
Pressure Cooker Healthy Lentils Recipe
This yummy recipe belongs to Moroccan cuisine.
- 1 cup uncooked whole brown lentils
- 19 oz (570 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- chopped fresh parsley
In a 6-quart (6 l) electric instant pot, combine all ingredients, except lemon juice and chopped parsley.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 15 minutes.
Using the Natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Stir in squeezed lemon juice. Transfer to serving plates.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve with cooked quinoa, rice, or naan.