Slow cooker classic zucchini soup recipe. Chicken broth-based vegetable soup cooked in a slow cooker. Very easy and delicious! For vegetarians substitute the vegetable broth for chicken broth.
Looking for more delicious soup recipes? Try to prepare Slow Cooker Creamy Broccoli Potato Soup
- 4 cups (2 L) reduced-fat chicken broth
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml0 dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) celery seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml)reduced-fat plain yogurt
- salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
In a 6-quart (6 l) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except yogurt and seasoning. Stir well.
Cover the pot and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Transfer cooked zucchini soup to a food processor. Pour in the yogurt. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper. ladle into soup bowls. Serve with toasted French bread.