Slow cooker creamy broccoli-potato soup recipe. Very easy and delicious vegetable soup cooked in a slow cooker. For vegetarians, substitute the soy milk for whole milk.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Try to prepare Orange-Glazed Carrots
- 3 cups (750 ml) low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped broccoli
- 3½ cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 4 medium leeks (white parts only), washed and sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole milk
- 2 tablespoons (cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except milk, cornstarch, and seasoning.
Stir well. Cover the pot and cook on high-heat setting for 3-4 hours. Open the lid and stir in combined milk and cornstarch (in a small mixing bowl mix cornstarch and milk until cornstarch is dissolved completely), stirring until thickened. Season with salt and white pepper and mix well.
Turn off the slow cooker. Ladle vegetable soup into soup bowls. Serve hot.