Slow cooker creamy chicken potato chowder. Creamy chowder with diced chicken, potatoes, and corn cooked in a slow cooker. Very easy and delicious!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Potato Chowder
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 8 cups diced potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 cups (500 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 10¾ oz (375 ml) cream of chicken soup
- 1½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 oz (240 g) cream cheese
- 10 oz (300 g) Velveeta cheese, cubed
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet.
Add diced chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, for 3-5 minutes. Drain off excess fat and transfer cooked meat to a slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients, except cream cheese and Velveeta cheese.
Close the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours, or until vegetables and chicken are tender.
Open the lid and stir in cream cheese and Velveeta. Recover the cooker and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.