Slow cooker creamy chicken potato chowder. Creamy chowder with diced chicken, potatoes, and corn cooked in a slow cooker. Very easy and delicious!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Potato Chowder
Use boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs to make this recipe. You may also like Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes or Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 8 cups diced potatoes
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 cups (500 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 10 oz (375 ml) cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 oz (240 g) cream cheese
- 10 oz (300 g) Velveeta cheese, cubed
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet.
Add diced chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, for 3-5 minutes. Drain off excess fat and transfer cooked meat to a slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients, except cream cheese and Velveeta cheese.
Close the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours, or until vegetables and chicken are tender.
Open the lid and stir in cream cheese and Velveeta. Recover the cooker and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.