Slow cooker kale and cannellini stew recipe. A very easy and healthy vegetarian stew cooked in a slow cooker. You may also like Healthy Citrus Cider, another yummy recipe cooked in a slow cooker.
Are you looking for more easy and tasty slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Kale and Cannellini Stew Recipe
This recipe includes farro. What is it farro? Nutty and chewy, farro is an Italian staple, which is high in protein and fiber.
You can prepare farro in a slow cooker. In a 4-quart (4 L) slow cooker, combine 2 cups farro and 6 cups (1.5 L) water. Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 2 hours.
- 4 cups (1 L) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can no-salt-added roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 ml) farro
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 15 oz (450 ml) can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
In a 4-quart (4 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except kale, beans, and lemon juice.
Stir well. Cover the pot and cook on high-heat setting for 2 hours or until farro is tender.
Open the lid and stir in kale, white beans, and lemon juice. Cover and cook for a further 1 hour.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Stir vegetable stew well before serving.
Ladle into soup bowls. Serve chopped fresh basil or parsley and crumbled feta cheese, if desired.