This delicious chicken recipe adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/slow-cooker-mexican-chicken-stew/
You may also like Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 11½ oz (345 ml) can corn, drained
- 15 oz (450 ml) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4¹⁄³ oz (127 ml) green chiles
- ¾ cup (180 ml) salsa, chunked
- 1½ cups (375 ml) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon each: ground cumin and chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly squeezed juice of ½ lime
- For Toppings:
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Greek yogurt
- tortilla chips
- lime wedges
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except lime juice and toppings.
Mix well. Cover the cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours, or until chicken and beans are tender.
Turn off the pot and open the lid. Using tongs, transfer cooked chicken thighs to a large bowl and shred with two forks.
Stir in the lime juice, then season with salt.
Serve with shredded cheese, avocado, tortilla chips and yogurt. Enjoy!