Cooked spinach ravioli recipe. Cooked, meat and spinach-stuffed ravioli served with delicious tomato sauce. You can cook ravioli from frozen, then add to tomato sauce. You may also like to prepare very delicious Italian salad-Broccoli Cassarecce Pasta Salad
Ingredients in Cooked Spinach Ravioli
all-purpose flour, salt, and freshly ground black pepper, eggs, bacon, yellow onion, garlic, oil, minced veal, sausagemeat, grated nutmeg, dry white wine, fresh spinach, canned tomatoes, unsalted butter.
- 12oz (360 g) all-purpose flour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 bacon rashers, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cooking oil
- 1/4 pound (120 g) minced veal
- 1/4 pound (120 g) sausagemeat
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) grated nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) dry white wine
- 1 pound (480 g) fresh spinach, shredded
- 14 oz (420 ml) can tomatoes, drained
- 2 oz (60 ml) unsalted butter
In a small mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt. Stir well to combine. Add beaten eggs and mix to a smooth, glossy dough.
In a medium saucepan, heat the cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add bacon, onion, and garlic. Fry, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Add minced veal, sausagemeat, and grated nutmeg. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally for a further 5 minutes.
Stir in dry white wine, then season with salt and black pepper. Increase heat to high and bring the mixture into a boil.
Once boiled, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Open the lid and stir in shredded spinach, then recover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Roll out the dough to a large rectangle, then cut out rounds. Spoon the spinach mixture on rounds. Fold in half and pinch edges to seal. Roll each round your forefinger, then pinch ends together.
Boil salted water in a large saucepan. Add stuffed ravioli and cook until tender. Drain, using a colander and set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in drained tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper, then heat. Return cooked ravioli to the pan and toss lightly.