Crock pot vegan spicy chickpea chili recipe. Learn how to cook delicious spicy vegan chili in a slow cooker.
This healthy vegetarian recipe adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/slow-cooker-smoky-sweet-potato-chickpea-chilli-with-lime/
Crock Pot Vegan Spicy Chickpea Chili Recipe
- 28 oz (840 ml) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 13½ oz (400 ml) tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable stock
- 5 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 small yellow onions, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 19 oz ((570 ml) each) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lime
In a 6-quart (6 L) crock pot, combine all ingredients, except lime juice. Mix well.
Close the cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.
Turn off the pot and open the lid.
Stir in the lime juice.
Serve with sliced avocado and tortilla chips. Enjoy!