Instant pot cauliflower tikka masala recipe. Cauliflower with spices and herbs cooked in an electric instant pot. Very healthy vegan-friendly Indian recipe.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Tikka Masala Recipe
- 1 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) non-dairy yogurt
- roasted cashews, for garnish
Melt the butter in an electric instant pot turned to the sauté mode.
Add onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions start to caramelize, for about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in fenugreek leaves, garam masala, ground turmeric, chili, cumin, and salt. Continue cooking and stirring frequently, for a further 2 minutes.
Pour in 2 tablespoons water and scrape the bottom, making sure nothing is sticking to it.
Add cauliflower florets and maple syrup. Mix well.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 2 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Add non-dairy yogurt. Mix well.
Garnish with toasted cashews. Serve hot over cooked rice or tofu.