Instant pot keto tomato basil soup recipe. Very easy vegetarian and keto friendly soup cooked in an instant pot and served with keto croutons. Super delicious!
You may also like Instant Pot Keto Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Instant Pot Keto Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
Equipment you may need: instant pot, immersion blender
- 2 tablespoons ghee butter
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable stock
- 28 oz (840 ml) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- fresh basil, to serve
- keto croutons, for garnish
Heat ghee butter in an electric instant pot turned to the sauté function.
Add onion and garlic. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add dried oregano, then season with salt and black pepper.
Continue cooking and stirring, for a further 2 minutes, or until onion is softened.
Pour in the stock and undrained tomatoes. Mix well.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth.
Serve hot topped with fresh basil and keto croutons.