The best instant pot lentil soup recipe. Vegan, gluten free lentil soup cooked in an electric instant pot. This recipe adapted from https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/instant-pot-lentil-soup/
You may also like Instant Pot Keto Ratatouille
The Best Instant Pot Lentil Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 cups (1.25 ml) vegetable stock
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked brown lentils
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
Heat the olive oil in an electric instant pot turned to the sauté function.
Add diced onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in minced garlic and continue cooking and stirring for a further 1 minute.
Add the tomato paste and sauté, stirring constantly, for an additional 2 minutes.
Pour in 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable stock. Using a spatula, scrape all browned bits from the bottom of the cooker.
Add remaining stock, the stir in carrots, celery, lentils, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, and salt.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 15 minutes.
Using the Natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Stir in the lemon juice. Using an immersion blender, blend until slightly thickened.
Ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.