Instant pot red lentil tomato soup. Learn how to cook healthy vegetarian soup in an electric instant pot.
I used Homemade Vegetable Broth to make this yummy soup.
Instant Pot Red Lentil Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1¼ cups red lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 14½ can (435 ml) can diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
Heat the olive oil in 6-quart (6 L0 electric instant pot turned to the sauté mode.
Add onions and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, for about 3 minutes.
Stir in dried oregano, vegetable broth,lentils, and water.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 8 minutes.
Using the natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Stir in undrained tomatoes, vinegar, and salt.
Switch the cooker to the sauté mode. Heat the soup, uncovered, until hot, for about 10 minutes.