Pressure cooker healthy caponata recipe. Italian vegetarian caponata cooked in an electric pressure cooker. Very healthy and delicious!
Are you looking for more easy and healthy vegetarian recipes? Try to prepare Lima Bean and Tomato Soup, another healthy and tasty meal cooked in an electric instant pot.
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium eggplants, stemmed and diced
- 3 medium celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) black olives, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) dried thyme
In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, and salt.
Whisk until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in 6-quart (electric pressure cooker turned to the browning function. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft and translucent, for about 4 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes and continue cooking and stirring, until tomatoes begin to break down, for a further 2 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
Close the pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 8 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Unlock and open the lid.
Stir caponata well before serving.