Slow cooker mushroom egg pie recipe. A very easy and tasty mushroom pie cooked in a slow cooker. This dish is like a quiche without a crust. A perfect choice for brunch, dinner, or lunch. You may also like Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash Parmesan
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500 ml) low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-fat large curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
In a large mixing bowl, combine beaten eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper.
Grease 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the greased pot.
Cover the cooker and cook on low-heat setting for about 4 hours or until set.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Let stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate.