Slow cooker vegetable stew recipe. Healthy vegetable broth-based stew cooked in a slow cooker. A warming dish for cold winter evenings.
Are you looking for more easy and healthy vegetable recipes, dinner ideas? Try to prepare Healthy Vegan Quinoa Salad, also excellent choice for vegans!
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise and cubed
- 1 large zucchini cubed
- 1½ cups (375 ml) vegetable broth
- 3 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cored and sliced
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except seasoning. Mix well.
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Stir vegetable stew well before serving. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Transfer to serving plates. Serve hot.