The best chicken noodle soup recipe. A very healthy and super delicious classic chicken and noodle soup. Use boneless and skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. Chicken breasts will also work well.
Are you looking for more healthy diet recipes? Try to cook Candied Carrots-a very easy vegetarian recipe!
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 8 cups (2 L) low-sodium chicken broth
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 oz (150 g) egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- more chicken broth as needed
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables begin to soften, for about 5-6 minutes.
Stir in minced garlic, bay leaves, and thyme. Cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute. Pour in the chicken broth, then reduce heat to low and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Add chicken thighs to the soup. bring it back to the simmer, then partially cover with a lid and continue cooking and stirring occasionally until chicken thighs are cooked through, for about 20 minutes.
Remove cooked chicken from the soup and transfer to a plate. Stir the noodles and bell peppers to the soup.
Cook until done for about 6-8 minutes. Meanwhile, dice the cooked chicken. Stir in back to the pot. Season to taste with more salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve hot.