Vegetarian soup with beans and spices. Healthy vegetable broth-based vegetarian soup cooked in a Dutch oven. Very easy and delicious! Are you vegetarian and would like to taste another easy and tasty vegetarian soup? Please try to prepare Healthy Tomato-Rice Soup Recipe
You can prepare this vegetarian soup in a slow cooker if desired:
Vegetarian Soup with Beans In a Slow Cooker
Makes 12 servings Ingredients: 10 cups (2.5 L) vegetable broth, 20 oz (600 ml) package dried bean soup mix, 4 carrots, peeled and chopped, 3 stalks celery, chopped, 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tomato paste, 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt, 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) freshly ground black pepper, 14.5 oz (435 ml) diced tomatoes, undrained
Instructions: In a 5-6-quart (5-6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except undrained tomatoes. Stir well. Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours, then open the lid and stir in tomatoes. Cover the cooker, then increase heat to high and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Stir the vegetable soup well before serving. Ladle into soup bowls. Serve hot.
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cups (750 ml) vegetable broth
- 15.5 oz (465 ml) red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 cups 9500 ml) cooked orzo
In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, salt, rosemary, black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, for about 10 minutes. Stir in vegetable broth, tomatoes, peas, and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender. Stir in cooked orzo. Season to taste with salt and stir well.
Ladle vegetarian soup into bowls. Serve hot. Enjoy!