Air fryer teriyaki rice balls recipe. Teriyaki rice balls are the perfect appetizer for your next party. This easy recipe can be made with just a few ingredients and ready in about 30 minutes.
What are these teriyaki rice balls?
Teriyaki rice balls are a popular Japanese dish that is served in steamed white rice. They are usually filled with chicken, shrimp, and vegetables.
Teriyaki rice balls are made by pouring sauce over cooked white rice in a rectangular shaped bowl and then filling it with minced meat (chicken or shrimp), vegetables, and seasonings. The mixture is then sealed with toasted sesame seeds.
What is the difference between an air fryer teriyaki rice balls and regular fried rice balls?
Some people might think that it is easier to make fried rice balls in an air fryer than a regular frying pan. However, this is not the case. The differences between the two methods are as follows:
1. Frying Pan
– The oil can be reused and doesn’t splatter as much
– Only one cooking utensil required so it’s more efficient
– Can be used on multiple types of food and without added oil, you still can get crispy rice balls.
– Easier to clean because less equipment needed
2. Air Fryer
– Requires way too much oil for frying in comparison to the frying pan
– Requires extra equipment such as a basket and deep fryer for it to work properly.
Air Fryer Teriyaki Rice Balls Recipe
Y0u may also like:
Air Fryer Korean Nurungji Recipe
Instant Pot Vegetable Ragout Recipe
Air Fryer Prawn Cracker Recipe
Instant Pot Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Air Fryer Loaded Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs scrambled with 2 diced green onions
- 1/2 cup cooked and chopped Chinese sausage (use any type of sausages)
- extra shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) teriyaki sauce
- sesame seeds
In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked rice and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well.
Line saran wraps in a large bowl. Scoop the rice mixture into the bowl.
Using the back of a spoon, spread the rice mixture over the inner surface of the bowl, so the center becomes hollow.
Place chopped sausages, eggs, and cheese into the bowl.
It is a good idea to hold the rice ball in one hand and use the other hand to tightly twist up some saran wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Place the aluminum foil into the air fryer basket and spray some oil on it.
What you will need:
- Aluminum foil
- Spray bottle of oil
- Air fryer (with basket)
Remove the saran wrap and put the rice ball into the air fryer basket. Brush with teriyaki sauce, then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Fry at 380 F (190 C) for 6 minutes, brushing with more teriyaki sauce halfway through.