Baked clam-stuffed mushrooms recipe. Mushrooms stuffed with clams, bread crumbs, and cheese baked in an oven. Very delicious appetizer!
You may also like to prepare Spiced Mixed Nuts, another delicious appetizer. Do you have a party and looking for more elegant appetizers, refreshing drinks, or easy snacks? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Party
- 24 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 cans 6½ oz (195 ml) each minced clams, drained
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml0 grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded Mozzarella cheese
In a large mixing bowl, combine minced clams, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, green bell pepper, chopped onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley, and black pepper. Mix well, then stir in 3/4 cup melted butter.
Fill each mushroom cap with 1 tablespoon (15 ml0 of clam mixture.
Arrange stuffed mushroom caps in an ungreased baking pan. Sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella cheese, then drizzle with the remaining butter.
Preheat the oven to 350º F (175º C). Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.