Creamy fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp. Cooked Italian pasta with Alfredo sauce and shrimp. Easy, healthy and tasty! Do you like seafood recipes? If so, you may also like Fried Honey-Glazed Shrimp Recipe
- 3/4 pound (360 g) uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound (480 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 2 cups (500 ml) heavy (double) cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- dash of paprika
- chopped fresh basil, for garnish
Cook fettuccine in salted water according packing instruction until the pasta is "al-dente" Drain, using a colander and set aside.
Sprinkle shrimp with salt, black pepper, and paprika. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add seasoned shrimp and cook, turning once, for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove cooked shrimp from the skillet and transfer to a large bowl.
Using the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add chopped onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until golden. Stir in minced garlic and continue cooking for a further 1 minute.
Pour in dry white wine and cook until it reduced by quarter, scrapping the bottom of the pan. Stir in the cream, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and stir well. season to taste with salt, black pepper, and paprika. Add cooked shrimp and fettuccine. Mix well. Sprinkle with hopped fresh basil and serve immediately.