Instant pot vegetarian baba ganoush recipe. Learn how to cook easy and healthy eggplant dip in an electric instant pot.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Baba Ganoush Recipe
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tahini paste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed Aleppo pepper flakes
Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil in an electric instant pot turned to the sauté mode.
Add the eggplant and halved garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden, for about 5 minutes.
Pour in the water. Stir well.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 6 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Using a colander, drain the eggplant. Stir in parsley, paprika, salt, lemon juice, and tahini paste.
Working with immersion blender, process into coarse purée. Mix in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Taste for more salt, tahini, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with Aleppo pepper.