Instant pot glazed brussels sprouts recipe. Easy and healthy vegetarian-friendly Chinese recipe. The sweet, salty, spicy, and tangy flavor of the hoisin sauce works very well with Brussels sprouts.
Instant Pot Glazed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) minced ginger
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1½ pounds (720 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) mirin
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) hoisin sauce
- toasted sesame oil, for serving
Heat the olive oil in a 6-quart (6 L) electric instant pot turned to the sauté mode.
Add the ginger and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, for about 2 minutes.
Stir in garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds. Add trimmed Brussels sprouts, vegetable broth, mirin, and soy sauce. Mix well and bring the mixture to a simmer.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 6 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Switch the cooker to the sauté mode. Stir in the hoisin sauce until all the sprouts are coated with it.
Drizzle with toasted sesame oil. Serve immediately.