Instant pot vegetarian ratatouille recipe. Very popular vegetable ratatouille cooked in an electric instant pot.
You may also like Instant Pot Healthy Lentil Soup
Instant Pot Vegetarian Ratatouille Recipe
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon canned tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large eggplant, stemmed and cubed
- 2 medium red bell pepper, seeded, cored, and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 pounds (960 g) plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a small mixing bowl, combine dry vermouth and tomato paste. Whisk until smooth.
Heat the olive oil in an 6-quart electric pressure cooker turned to the browning function. Add chopped red onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, for about 4minutes.
Add garlic and continue cooking and stirring until aromatic, for less than a minute.
Stir in cubed eggplant, bell pepper, and zucchini. Cook, stirring often, for a further 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Stir over the heat until tomatoes begin to break down.
Stir in the vermouth mixture.
Cover the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure.t the timer to cook for 6 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Stir well before serving.