Slow cooker turkey meatloaf recipe. This recipe for turkey meatloaf is super easy to make and such a tasty way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. It’s a great one to have on hand for your family and friends during the holidays.
What are the Benefits of Using a Slow Cooker to Make Meals?
Slow cookers are great for making meals because they allow you to cook your food while you’re not home. They can be used to make a wide range of different dishes, including soups and stews, casseroles, and even desserts.
They are also one of the most energy-efficient appliances in your kitchen. A slow cooker can use as little as 1/8th the power that an oven uses and it doesn’t heat up the whole house as a stove does. This makes them a great option for people who want to save money on their utility bills or stay cool during the summer months.
The Health Benefits of Eating Turkey Meatloaf as Compared to Beef
The health benefits of eating turkey meatloaf are many. Turkey meatloaf is a much healthier alternative to beef meatloaf, and you can make it with less fatty ingredients.
For example, turkey meatloaf does not have to have red or green pepper added. Another health benefit is that you can make turkey meatloaf in advance and freeze it for later use. When you are ready to serve the meatloaf, thaw it out and cook it as normal.
Tips for Making Perfect and Delicious Recipes with the Use of a Slow Cooker
Slow cookers are an excellent way to prepare delicious recipes. The following tips will help you make perfect and delicious recipes with the use of a slow cooker.
1. Make sure that the slow cooker is clean before you start cooking. You can wash it in hot, soapy water or place it in the dishwasher.
2. Add enough liquid to cover the meat or vegetables that are being cooked in the crock pot and then add some spices, if desired. The liquid should be enough to cover whatever is being cooked and should not be more than 1 inch deep in the crock pot insert; otherwise, it might overflow when cooking starts
3. If you are using a whole turkey, remove any giblets from inside and discard them before adding a good quality salt and pepper seasoning
4. Place your meat on top of vegetables or other ingredients that need to be cooked first 5. Add any additional ingredients (like potatoes) on top of your meat
6. Fill the pot with water to cover your ingredients and bring to a boil
7. Add salt and pepper as needed.
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
You may also like:
Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Instant Pot Sauerkraut Soup Recipe
Slow Cooker Lentil and Vegetable Stew
- 1½ pounds (720 g) ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green bell peppers
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chili sauce
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except chili sauce. Mix well.
Place turkey mixture into greased 9x5-inch (22.5-12.5 cm) loaf pan.
Pour the chili sauce over the mixture.
Place the pan on a rack in a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker.
Cover the pot and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-7 hours, or until the thermometer registers 170º F (85º C).