Crock pot keto lemon-garlic chicken breasts. Learn how to cook easy and healthy chicken in a crock pot/slow cooker.
Crock Pot Keto Lemon-Garlic Chicken Breasts
- 6-8 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 stick ghee, diced
- zest of half lemon
- freshly squeezed juice of half lemon
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- chopped fresh parsley and sliced lemon, for garnish
Place chicken breasts in a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine chicken broth, lemon juice and zest. Mix well and pour the mixture over the chicken.
In a small mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Stir well. Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken.
Top with minced garlic and ghee butter.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Using tongs, remove cooked chicken breasts from the pot and transfer to a serving plate.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve over the cooked cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.