Instant pot Indian lamb korma recipe. Learn how to cook spicy and tasty lamb in an electric instant pot.
Instant Pot Indian Lamb Korma Recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) lamb shoulder, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 large white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain whole milk yogurt, whisked with a pinch of saffron
Rub cubed lamb meat with olive oil.
In a small mixing bowl, combine all spices. Stir well, then rub into the mat. Let sit at room temperature for at least one hour.
Melt the butter in a 6-quart (6L) Instant pot turned to the sauté mode. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and soft, for about 5 minutes.
Remove softened onions and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Working in batches, add seasoned meat to the pot and brown on all sides. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the browned lamb to a large plate.
Add grated ginger and garlic to the cooker. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Return the meat and any accumulated juices to the pot.
Pour int the chicken broth, then season with salt and black pepper.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 13 minutes.
Using the natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid. The lamb should be fork-tender.
Stir in puréed onion and yogurt mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for a further 5 minutes. Serve over the cooked rice.