Instant pot Mexican rice recipe. This easy and delicious Mexican rice is amazing. It’s a one-pot meal that has all the flavor of your favorite Mexican rice recipe.
What is Mexican rice?
Mexican rice is a type of rice dish that is made by cooking rice with butter, chicken broth, and seasonings.
It is a traditional dish in Mexico. It’s often served as a side dish or main meal with meat or fish dishes.
The Instant Pot has brought this recipe to life in recent years. The Instant Pot cooks the rice in 30 minutes and creates an amazing result that’s reminiscent of the traditional version.
This recipe can be made with brown or white rice.
When can Mexican rice be served?
Mexican rice is a healthy and easy-to-prepare meal that can be served any time of the day. This dish is best served with a side of beans and avocado.
The Best Ways to Cook & Serve Your Mexican Rice Recipe
The Best Ways to Serve Your Mexican Rice Recipe:
1. Pressure Cooker: In this method, the IP Mexican rice is cooked at high pressure for 10 minutes and then allowed to naturally release steam until the rice is cooked through.
2. Slow Cooker: In this method, the IP Mexican rice is cooked on low heat for 3 hours or until it’s done.
3. Stovetop: In this method, the IP Mexican rice is boiled in a pot over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until it’s done.
4. Microwave: This method cooks your instant pot of Mexican rice in a microwave oven with no stirring required and takes about 5 minutes to cook through.
5. Stovetop: This method cooks your instant pot Mexican rice in a stovetop pot with stirring required and takes about 15 minutes to cook through.
6. Steamer: This method cooks your instant pot of Mexican rice in a steamer with no stirring required and takes about 10 minutes to cook through.
Instant Pot Mexican Rice Recipe
You may also like:
Instant Pot Vegan Sloppy Joes recipe
Air Fryer Golden Pineapple Rings
Instant Pot Broccoli and Cheese Soup Recipe
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- half of the white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups (500 ml) of water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Heat the olive oil in an electric instant pot turned to saute mode.
Add rice, onion, garlic, and salt. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until fragrant.
In a large mixing bowl, combine water and tomato paste. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Pour the tomato mixture into the instant pot.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. set the timer to cook for 25 minutes.
Using the natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Fluff the cooked rice with a fork. Serve hot.