Instant pot vegan split pea soup recipe. Learn how to cook easy, healthy and delicious vegetarian soup in an instant pot.
Instant Pot Vegan Split Peas Soup Recipe
- 1½ cups dried yellow split peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, rinsed and diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups (1L) vegetable broth
In a 6-quart electric instant pot, combine all ingredients.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 12 minutes.
Using the natural Release method, bring pressure to normal. Carefully unlock and open the lid.
Discard bay leaves. Mix well before serving.
Ladle into soup bowls. Serve with toasted baguette.
To get the best result, rinse dried split peas several times. If you like the soup smoother, blend it with immersion blender.