Slow cooker apple butter recipe. Delicious apple butter cooked in a slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Apple Butter Recipe
You may like as well:
- 8 pounds (3940 g) assorted apples, washed, quartered and cored
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons molasses
- grated lemon zest
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated ginger
Place apple quarters in an 8-quart (8 L) Dutch oven.
Pour 1 cup water over. Cover the pot and bring apples to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 40-45 minutes.
Using an immersion blender, purée cooked apples directly in the pot.
Place puréed apples in a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
Place a wooden spoon on the cooker (this will allow the apple butter to vent). Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting, stirring occasionally, until the apple sauce reduced by half, for about 8-10 hours.