Instant pot Mexican queso dip recipe. Learn how to cook delicious Mexican queso street dip in an instant pot.
Instant Pot Mexican Queso Dip Recipe
You may also like:
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) whole milk
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- kosher salt, to taste
Melt the butter in an electric instant pot turned to the sauté mode.
Add minced garlic and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring, until fragrant, for about 1 minute.
Add flour and whisk until smooth, cooking for a further 1-2 minutes, until the flour is no longer raw.
Pour in the milk and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until milk thickened slightly, for 2-3 minutes more.
Add shredded cheese, and chopped cilantro. Stir until smooth and cheese is melted completely.
Top with your favorite salsa. Serve warm with tortilla chips.