Slow cooker potato and eggplant curry. Healthy and yummy vegetarian recipe cooked in a slow cooker. This meal is also known as Aloo Baingan belongs to Indian cuisine.
You can also prepare it in an electric instant pot-Instant Pot Aloo Baingan
Slow Cooker Potato and Eggplant Curry
You may also like:
- 2½ cups sliced eggplants
- 1½ cups sliced potatoes
- 1 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon shredded garlic
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1½ tablespoons jaggari (combined molasses and brown sugar)
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except oil and mustard seeds. Stir well.
In a small sauce, combine 2 tablespoons oil and mustard seeds. Cook over high heat until the mustard pops.
Remove mustard mixture from the heat and pour over vegetables in a slow cooker.
Cover the pot and cook on high-heat setting for 2 hours.
Turn off the cooker and open the lid.
Remove cooked potato and eggplant curry and transfer to a serving plate.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.