Slow cooker country lentil soup recipe. The slow cooker is to this soup what a lab burner is to a molecular signature. Simply add ingredients to your slow cooker, put the lid on, and let it do its thing.
2 Ways to Make The Perfect Slow Cooker Country Chicken Lentil Soup Recipe in Your Crock Pot
This recipe is a great option for a cold winter night. It has the perfect balance of savory and sweet, and it’s very easy to make. This recipe is perfect for those days when you don’t feel like cooking but still want something to eat. It’s also a great option for those who love the crockpot because it does all the work for you!
– 2 Ways to Make The Perfect Slow Cooker Country Chicken Lentil Soup Recipe in Your Crock-Pot or Slow Cooker
-The perfect nourishing meal, or light dinner that’s packed with protein. Delicious and comforting, this soup is perfect for cold winter nights and busy days.
– The Perfect Slow Cooker Country Chicken Lentil Soup Recipe — 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 3 servings)- 2 small carrots (or 1/2 cup)- 1 small onion- 3 stalks of celery- 2 cups bone broth (or 4 cups chicken stock)- 2 tsp. ground thyme- 2 medium carrots sliced into coins -3 medium potatoes diced into chunks (or 6 servings)- 1 cup dried green lentils- salt and pepper to taste In a skillet on high heat, brown the chicken breast in a bit of olive oil. Then add to slow cooker, along with onion and celery. Add broth and thyme, then place the lid on the slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low. In a large pot, sauté the carrots and potatoes over medium-low heat until softened but not browned (about 5 minutes). Add lentils, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for a few minutes until heated through. Add vegetables to slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or 6 hours.
The stovetop method requires less time but will require more prepping and set-up.
Ingredients:1 teaspoon butter or vegetable oil1 onion, chopped 3 carrots, peeled and diced small 2 celery stalks, diced small (about 2/3 cup) 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 8 cloves ) 1 tablespoon ground sage or thyme (fresh if possible) 1 teaspoon salt2 cups chicken broth 4 cups water 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced small (about 2/3 cup) 1 1/2 cups cooked or canned white beans, drained and rinsed
Press the sauté button on the crockpot before putting in everything except the chicken broth and water.
Let it cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent, then add the spices and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and water, then put in the potatoes. Stir in the beans to evenly distribute them throughout the soup and let it cook on high for about 6 hours or low for 8-10 hours. The crockpot will be too hot to touch once the soup is on high, so use caution. Adjust for thickness with water or chicken broth if needed. Serve with crusty bread and a green salad!
Slow Cooker Country Lentil Soup Recipe
You may also like:
- 3 cups (750 ml) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (500 ml) of water
- 1 cup cubed chicken breasts
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1½ cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
In a 6-quart (6 L) slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except bell pepper, parsley, and seasoning. Stir well. Cover the pot and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours, adding bell pepper during the last 30 minutes. Turn off the cooker and open the lid. Season the soup with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve hot.